Hello from Arkansas

Tell us about yourself

Hello from Arkansas

Postby Irish » Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:45 pm

Hello, My name is Harold. My wife and I and our six children (Ashlee 17, Patriot 11, Liberty 10, Truth 8, Freedom 3, and America 2) live in Northeast Arkansas on 20 acres. We have chickens, rabbits, soon a dairy goat, we have had turkeys (difficult to raise, for me anyway) and pigs. Going to raise quail again. I am a Licensed Professional Counselor working at an inpatient facility for at risk youth. A friend of mine raises dairy cows on our land. I am into all things that need to be done on a homestead. Beginner blacksmith. I have an extensive martial arts and boxing background ( about 30 years now). I like writing and have written an article that will be in the Backwoodsman in the next couple of issues. I am working on more. I read fiction and non-fiction. I guess that's all for now.
Irish

Re: Hello from Arkansas

Postby skornita » Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:29 am

welcome to the forum, glad to have you.
skornita
Site Admin

Postby LostSkillsPodcast » Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:56 am

welcome! glad to have you here . i love the backwoodsman! any hints on what the article will be about so i can look for it ?
LostSkillsPodcast
Site Admin

Postby Comrad » Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:32 am

Nice to meet you Harold.

That's good to hear about your animals. I highly recommend getting into quail again. I think they're probably the most productive animal I have at the moment.
Comrad

Return to Introduction